How Can I Appeal a Court Order?

When a judge renders a decision on your case, you may not believe that decision is fair or appropriate for your situation. Under these circumstances, your next option is to file an appeal for your case. When you file an appeal, a judge will examine what you submitted to the trial judge on your case and, depending on what the appeals judge decides, your case may be set aside, the judgment may be modified, or you might even receive a new trial.

Keep in mind that the appeals process can be lengthy and quite complex, so you must be certain this is the right course of action for you. Moreover, you will need an experienced attorney on your side to assist you.

Appealing a Court Order

If you wish to appeal a judge’s decision, you must prove that the family court made a mistake. For example, if you believe state law was violated or a decision was made on an erroneous fact, your appeal may be successful. Additionally, you will have a limited time to file an appeal, so seek legal counsel as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss the deadline and, as a result, your ability to appeal the court order.

When you file your appeal, you will need to complete certain documents and pay a filing fee. Your former spouse will be notified and you will need to draft a memorandum that outlines your reasons for the appeal. Once it is complete, the higher court will either deny or approve your appeal. If approved, your case will be reviewed and the decision may be approved or upheld.

Get Started on Your Appeal by Reaching Out to Our Law Office Today!

If you wish to appeal a court order, you will need a knowledgeable legal advocate on your side. At Winner Law Group, LLC, our family law team has the experience and skill necessary to handle such complex cases. You can rely on us to provide the exceptional legal services you need to achieve the best possible results for your case.

Call our law office today at (502) 812-1889 to set up an initial consultation with one of our trusted attorneys.