Divorce can often leave the newly single wondering what’s next. After being out of the dating world during your marriage, you may not know what is best regarding putting yourself back out there. You may be feeling unsure, may have lost a bit of confidence during the divorce process, or might still need to heal. The Louisville divorce attorneys at Winner Law Group, LLC have experience with the legal end of divorce, and our team has also stood by our clients as they move into the next chapter of their lives.
If you have questions about divorce or need legal representation as you begin the divorce process, let attorney Winner Law Group, LLC and his team help you make sure that your best interests are protected.
Contact our team at (502) 812-1889.
5 Tips for Reentering the Dating World After Divorce
As your divorce finalizes and you consider dating again, it helps to have some well-practiced guidance from a resource that has witnessed firsthand the divorce process and subsequent aftermath for many people.
Consider these tips when beginning to date again:
- Let go of the past: Make sure that any trauma, anger, and grief from your marriage has had time to heal. You don’t want to bring the baggage, and old habits, from your past relationship into a new one. Reflect on the things that did not work in your marriage and consider how you made mistakes, so you can enter new relationships smarter and stronger.
- Get clear on what you want: It helps to write down a list of absolute needs, absolute deal breakers, and things that you hope for in your new relationship. Be clear in what you are looking for and don’t settle.
- Be honest from the start: As you meet new people, be honest with yourself and others about your appearance, your marital status, your children and your needs from the relationship. This especially rings true for online profiles, because people need to know from the get -go who they are going to meet in person. Avoid using old or photo-shopped photos of yourself.
- Be open-minded: Try to step out of your comfort zone and maybe date people who are not your type, because you never know what adventures may come with meeting someone totally different than you are used to.
- Keep dating discussion light: Don’t talk extensively about your divorce and avoid talking about you ex as much as possible. Keep topics forward facing such as future vacation plans, your goals for the next 5 years and things you are passionate about.
Above all else, have fun as you start this new adventure. Focus on the future and be ready for change so that you don’t limit yourself on what new things may bring you joy. Divorce is a heavy process to go through so once you come out on the other side, you deserve happiness.
A Louisville Divorce Attorney You Can Trust
If you are facing the end of your marriage and you need legal guidance for your divorce, the Louisville divorce attorneys at Winner Law Group, LLC can help you. Winner Law Group, LLC advocates for his client’s best interest and he can help you navigate the legal process of divorce. Don’t risk your assets, your rights and your future by facing a divorce alone, let our team represent you in your divorce case.
Contact our team today to discuss your divorce at (502) 812-1889.