Father’s Rights to Child Custody

Contrary to what many people believe, fathers have the same rights as mothers regarding child custody in a divorce. Even if you are an unmarried father, or you were absent at the birth of your child, you still have rights under Kentucky laws. Our attorney, Winner Law Group, LLC, will analyze your situation and guide you through the legal process from start to finish.

Child custody is based on several factors, including the best interests of the child. In order to seek custody of your son or daughter, you will need to prove your commitment to having a relationship with him or her. No matter how much you love your child, you will need to provide evidence to satisfy the court regarding your level of involvement in your child’s life.

Evidence you may use to prove your involvement with your child may include:

  1. Photos of you and your child on vacation
  2. Birthday cards
  3. School involvement documents
  4. Insurance or medical bills
  5. Cashed checks
  6. Sports involvement pictures or documents

Your ability to care for your child’s financial, emotional, and social needs will be considered by the court when determining child custody arrangements. Failure to show a commitment to being involved in your child's life may compromise your ability to seek custody. It is important to obtain a knowledgeable divorce and family law attorney who can help gather the documents and evidence necessary to build your case.

Call Attorney Winner Today at (502) 812-1889

Attorney Winner has extensive experience representing fathers in family law cases. If you are seeking to establish paternity, or you are seeking custody of your son or daughter, Attorney Winner will work diligently to prepare your case. He will answer your questions and help you make informed decisions throughout the process. Furthermore, he will take the time to understand your case, and will provide efficient representation every step of the way.

Contact Winner Law Group, LLC today to get started with an initial consultation.