Clients seeking divorce often try to resolve issues through informal negotiations. However, if negotiation with the other party has proven unsuccessful, it does not always mean you have to go to court. Mediation is an informal process that lets both parties discuss important issues in a structured, safe environment. A neutral mediator will facilitate discussions, and will ensure both parties are able to reach decisions on all necessary aspects. It provides many benefits to those facing divorce and family law issues.
There are 5 main benefits of family law mediation:
- It is confidential. In traditional litigation, all the facts of the case are disclosed to the public. However, mediation is completely confidential. The mediator, both parties, and all attorneys involved will agree to keep the mediation sessions confidential. This is especially helpful if there is sensitive information involved in the case.
- It is controlled. Mediation is facilitated by a trained and impartial mediator. This person will control discussions and help both parties reach an agreement in a structured manner. This will reduce the emotional impact of the case and help both parties reach a resolution.
- It is cost-effective. By choosing mediation, you will save money on court costs and other fees. In fact, it is estimated that the cost of mediation is as much as 40-60% lower than traditional litigation. Mediation often takes less time to resolve than litigation, which also helps you save time and money in the long run.
- It is non-adversarial. In formal litigation, it is a win-lose scenario. However, in mediation, both parties work together to reach a solution. Even if emotions are difficult and there is animosity between the parties, the mediator can put each person in a separate room and go back and forth to facilitate discussions. This means, even if you and your spouse cannot get along, you can still use mediation. This will also help reduce the emotional trauma of a court battle.
- It is creative. By using mediation, you and your spouse will be able to work together to reach creative solutions. You will be able to agree on a convenient settlement instead of relying on a judge to issue a standard order that might not be the best for your situation. Mediation allows you to find creative solutions that benefit both parties.
Attorney Winner Law Group, LLC Represents Clients Through Mediation
Attorney Winner, of Winner Law Group, LLC, provides caring and knowledgeable legal services to clients facing divorce and family law issues. With extensive experience as a Louisville family law attorney, he will discuss your options and guide you through the process. He will determine if mediation could benefit your situation, and will provide informative representation to protect your rights every step of the way.
Contact Winner Law Group, LLC today to schedule an initial consultation.